Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Get ready! Christmas Eve!

Good Morning Christmas Eve!!!!! I am still jet lagged and so I woke up at 3:30 AM and then again at 4:30 and then at 5:30 I decided I would just get up and get going on packing up the car and things for my trip up to Sonoma. I went shopping yesterday but didn't post my loot because yesterday's blog was way too long as it was! Here is what I got: Here are my driving snacks and emergency food for my trip. By emergency I mean if nothing is healthy enough for me when I am traveling. My sister is usually really good about my health needs and she just informed me that her husband bought Light Eggnog just for me so I can have some of the spiked Eggnog, how sweet huh? I made some individual snack bags out of the mix so I don't over do it in one snack.
For bags on the left I have low fat Rye Mini Toasts (a new find at TJ's) and sliced almonds I make a nifty measuring tool out of a shot glass, that turned out to be about 1 oz for the almonds

They seem pretty healthy, I hope they are tasty! For the bags on the right I combined freeze dried bananas, dried ginger ( I loooovvvveeee these! Spicy and chewy!), dried Hibiscus flowers (really tasty) and dried Palmelo (this is also a new find at TJ's, they are a dried citrus fruit like a mix between a grapefruit and a tangerine, sweet and bitter). I am dying to try the Larabar's Jam Frakas. I have heard mixed reviews so I will let you know where I stand after I have one, i got the Chocolate Chip Cosmocrisp and the Peanut Butter Blisscrisp. I am also excited to try the Larabar in Cherry Pie!
Now... onto my bfast, I had Multi grain Oats made with 1cup skim milk (a first), one chopped banana, 2 dashes of Cinnamon, 1 dash of nutmeg,and frozen wild blueberries, a Fage total 0% with a sprinkle of sliced almonds and coffee in my new Rembrant cup from Museo Del Prado. On the side- my Madrid snow globe. Does anyone else collect these? I have a ton!

Cute Huh?

I was so full off the oats with milk I couldn't eat my yogurt, I'll save it for a bit later. Well I should go and get on the road! I have a long 7 hours ahead of me! See you for lunch and dinner in Sonoma!!!
C

2 comments:

  1. i love all your emergency snacks! good luck w/ the long drive and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot glass meauring tool is GENIUS!
    Merry Christmas Eve to you :)

    ReplyDelete