Friday, December 26, 2008

My way back home-

It is so nice to come home to a clean house greeted by my Ella boo face! The weather here is crazy cold and I actually needed to turn on the heater! A first this winter. So my day consisted mostly of driving back from Sonoma so my food was not my usual 3 meals. I started it off well with oats like yesterdays at my sisters early this morning. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup reduced fat milk, 1/2 cup water, and a spoon full of peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon with coffee, and I also had an orange.Then Sean and I hit the road to head home. I made some ham sandwiches with WW 7 grain bread, a slice of Munster cheese, Dijon Mustard and left over Honey baked Ham-yummmmm! And I had some emergency snacks left over from the drive up so I snacked on those a bit before and a bit after the sandwich. I ended up eating the sandwich in 2 sessions because I was really hungry around 10:30 and didn't want to snack too much so I got a head start on lunch and finished the other half around 12:30.
I forgot to rate these Mini rye toasts so I'll let you all know now that they are scrumptious! If you like rye toast with butter as much as I do then you will surely enjoy these little morsels of goodness! They taste just like the real thing! Also in the pictures above are my road trip essentials: my camera (taking this picture), Ipod (this one is Sean's, mine is a nano and is in a pink case:)), and my blackberry also in a pink case! yes I do!
Not much snow on the way back :( but it was very windy!

I tried the Larabar Jam Frakas bar and my opinion is this: good, not great, a bit too sweet with a funny texture. I'm not sure if the texture thing was from having it sit in the cold car for 3 days or if that is how they come, but it was very hard. I would probably get them again for a small snack pre exercise but in a different flavor and they didn't hold me as long as the reg Larabars.

Do two apples a day keep the doctors EXTRA away?!?
When we arrived in the city we stopped to get some essentials for the week and dinner because our fridge was EMPTY man! I can't wait for these:
I haven't had Kefir in a while, since my Greek yogurt kick, and I forgot how good this stuff is!

Haven't had this flavor I usually drink unsweetened soy or almond milk but his was just so festive and on sale!

After settling in I started on dinner with my "chef juice" as my dad calls it. The menu tonight was simple and very satisfying! Annie's WW shells with a salad made with romain, 1 orange, 1 tomato, 1/2 can drained black beans, 1/2 cup sweet yellow corn and a red wine vinaigrette topped with BBQ chicken. I find that the sweetness of the orange and the tangy BBQ sauce melds so well together!
Here is the recipe for Oven Baked BBQ Chicken:
-1.5-2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips or just buy the tenders
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup salsa or add 1 tbs to 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp worcshitster sauce
preheat oven to 400 degrees. add ingredients to big zip lock bag, add chicken pieces close bag and shake and mix until chicken is all coated. lay coated chicken in one layer in a Pyrex pan and bake for 30 min turning once. remove from oven and enjoy hot or cold!

Dessert tonight was Marzapan- a treat I brought back from Spain! I just love it!


I went back for more dessert- 2 dates, also from Spain

So that's my day! I am now going to watch Dexter with Sean we are behind on our Net flicks! GNight Everyone!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment