Sunday, December 28, 2008

yesterday, run, birthday, and breakfast

This morning I was able to sleep in until 7:30! My schedule has been out of walk and I have been waking up at 4:30 and every hour after for the last week so this was a real treat! For bfast I had 2 Kashi 7 grain waffles with a bit of butter, sliced pear and an orange and fat free raspberry yogurt on the side with coffee! Sean bought a big bag of oranges so I have been trying to eat them up so they don't go bad you will probably see another later today!

Yesterday was my Moms birthday. We spent the day at my parents house with my niece and sister. I forgot to bring my camera cord so I was unable to blog so I will catch you up on my days eats:
nougat with almonds from Spain for dessert
and a chocolate mint cookie!
For dinner my sister made Coq Au Vin, Chicken with wine basically, but very tasty and the chicken was so moist it just fell of the bone! I made a salad with ice berg, baby spinach, a satsuma, tomato, carrot, and red onion with balsamic dressing. I am obsessed with citrus in my salads! And I baked a sweet potato and topped it with the veggies from the chicken!
I had 2 or 3 glasses like this of really good wine from 1998!
I had 3 pieces of cheese, one of each.
before dinner I snacked on leftover salsa they had in the fridge and a carrot
My Sister, niece and I took a stroll for about 30 min and I had this lovely apple before we left. In the picture- Moms birthday flowers, her favorite color is Yellow.
I can never resist some candied ginger I popped these in my mouth when I arrived at the house.
For my Moms birthday lunch we went to PF Changs. For dessert we had fortune cookies, my mom had a birthday candle in a little piece of chocolate cake, but I didn't have any. I like my fortune, perfect cause I am going back to school. A BIG chance!!
My vegetarian lettuce cup all wrapped up for me to eat!
Whats on the inside
My full plate of tastes included- vegetarian lettuce cups ( my fave at PF Changs) salad, shrimp in lobster sauce, a salt and pepper prawn, a little fired rice, a piece of Ahi Tuna, and a crispy green bean. Totally greasy but I never have Chinese food so I think it's OK to indulge a bit.
On my way to my parents house I snacked on these rye toasts and almonds from by emergency snacks. I packed too many!
My waffle sandwich from bfast For bfast I had and orange, 2 blueberry Kashi waffles with a 1/2 tbsp of Peanut butter and a chopped banana. On the side a half container of nonfat strawberry yogurt and coffee!
Before my bfast I went on my first run since back from Spain! I could only go 23 min but I ran the whole time and I will be increasing my time by five min each day. My avg HR was 141, max HR 172, and I burned 170 cal. Before my run I had a Honey Gram flavored Z Bar, I should have just had half because my work out was not very long but oh well. Sorry no pic.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, delicious eats! I can't say I have tried candied ginger before, but maybe I should. It looks interesting. -lol-

    Anyways, fortune cookies are awesome! I actually keep all my fortunes.

    ReplyDelete