Friday, January 2, 2009

Indian food goes great with a mani pedi

This morning I was planning on running 'round the neighborhood but Sean was a bit worried about me running by myself- understandably. My sister called earlier to invite me to yoga at my moms gym in Calabasas so I decided to go ahead and take full advantage of the free day pass at the gym and go an 2 hours early to get a REAL workout. It has been so long since I have seen the inside of a gym, I had to cancel my membership when Sean and I moved in together because it was too far to go to West Hollywood for a workout. To bad too because I loved loved loved my old gym; Crunch Fitness. I will have to find a new gym soon. The yoga at my moms gym is so-so compared to Crunch classes. Much slower pace and much less intense. I do like going for the stretching and core strengthening so I was looking forward to it anyways. Before I left I had a 2-part breakfast:
small Red Delicious apple with tbsp of Almond Butter
And this weeks usual: 1 cup Kashi Go Lean, 1 cup Quaker Squares, sliced banana, 1/2 shot raisins, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk-yummy combo!
Then I hit the gym pretty hard with 15 min Elliptical, 15 min running on treadmill, 15 walking on treadmill at incline of 3, cool down 5 min. I burned 400 cal! I did arms too. 3 sets of seated row machine, 3 sets of lat pull downs, 3 sets of a chest push machine ( I don't know what it's proper name is sorry) and 3 sets of a chest pull machine. I was happily surprised to see a very full gym, every machine was being put to good "new years resolution to loose weight" use :) Then I did the hour and a half yoga practice which was better than I remember. It was still slow but I wore my Polar F6 and calculated my calories burned in the session and I was surprised to see I burned 150 calories. Not bad for a non-power yoga class. I felt great and I hope to keep it up!
For lunch my family all went out to Indian buffet lunch!!! I had my usual little bowl of Daal - it looks much bigger in this pic.
Here is my plate: Potato and cauliflower curry with peas, 2 pieces of Tandoori Chicken, and salad with a dollop of Rita, Mango Chutney, and Green Chutney. I couldn't finish my potatoes but I went back for seconds on the salad and Daal.
After lunchies my sister took me to get a mani/pedi!! Lucky little sister huh? I love enjoying my manicures now because when I am working it won't last a day. On my way home I developed a hunger headache so I grabbed my emergency Cliff bar in my purse and stopped at Starbucks for a treat!
I ordered a Venti -ya you heard me- Skinny Vanilla Latte. And man did I enjoy it!

We are having my sister, her hubby and my niece over for dinner tonight so I'll be posting our eats and drinks later!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment