Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shout out to Cardio and Dried Fruit

Good Evening (afternoon or morning) Bloginns'

I am in such a better mood thanks to all your comments to cheer me up!!! I am so grateful! I did as I promised and woke super early to do a Cardio Butt Kicking Calorie Burn OnDemand 30 min session and burned a nice 211 calories! My body was feelin' the burn and I LOVED it! I was sweating and huffing, man I love endorphins!!!!
After my work out and a big glass of ice water I showered and made myself a bowl of blueberry oats with 1/2 cup oats, water, 2 shots frozen blueberries, a splash of Almond Milk, a shot of raisins, a shot of Craisins, a shot of sliced raw almonds, 1 tbsp of almond butter, one date and a small sliced banana:

Along with my oats I had a small glass of Skim:
At work I had a funny run in with an old friend's mother! She was so happy to see me and it was crazy that the last time she saw me I was eating her homemade blueberry muffins (best I've ever had) in my pj's watching cartoons with her daughter!
For my mid morning snack I had this bar with another Green Tea Frappe(no pic):
Work was slow today due to a HUGE car wreck on the 10 East bound, 2 fatalities from a car driving the wrong way on the freeway! So sad, and last night I saw a huge car wreck with the white sheet covering the passenger side of one of the 3 cars! This is such a crazy week with the news flashing FEAR all over! I hate it! I also heard a sad story about a family of 7 all found dead due to a murder suicide by the father who killed his wife and 5 kids due to getting fired and not being able to handle life with the economic crisis. I hate the news and normally don't watch but for some reason this morning I flipped it on for one second and this is what I got-my heart and prayers go out to the families of those who are no longer with us!
Sorry for the heavy load but these stories have been weighing on me today.

On to lunch :) I had a leftover lunch to clean the fridge and save some moola. A Shrimp wrap with Muenster and cabbage on a Sun dried Tomato Jalapeno tortilla:

and some red bell pepper spears:
I also packed a little dessert for lunch; Fage 0% with Agave and some Bare Naked Granola! This was so good!!! I have not ventured into sweetening my greek yogurts yet and might I say YUMMMOOO!
When I arrived at home I was a bit peckish (my moms favorite descriptive word) so I had a small bowl of 1/4 cup Twigs Flakes, and Clusters, 1 shot Kashi sunshine, and a spoon of reduced fat PB with Skim:
For dinner I was hungry very early so I settled for more leftovers (Sean was not coming home for a while after my dinner time and when that happens we usually eat totally different things). I heated a Brown Rice tortilla with a slice of muenster and the last of the shrimp in the microwave:
Then topped it with butter lettuce, cabbage, red onion, Fage 0% and fire roasted salsa, with a crank of pepper:
It was my version of a Shrimp Tostada! I later settled in with some Vanilla Tea and some dried fruit:
I had 2 more serving like this of dried fruit, not sure what it is about the Tropical Mix from TJ's but it is addictive!!! All the Mango, Ginger, Hibiscus and Palmelo-mmmmmm! I also had the last of my beloved Dragon Fruit!
When Sean cam home I baked him a Margarita Pizza (easy way out) and I had a nibble of crust as you will see in exhibit A:

I felt more alert and more energized all day! I know it was the exercise this morning so I plan to do another round tomorrow! Ya'll mean soooo much to me and I love the comments from every one of you!!!!

Be safe and count your blessings!

<3>

3 comments:

  1. Muenster yummmmmm!! Ah - sorry to hear about all the sadness in your day :(

    I am glad to hear you're feeling better though and peckish is a pretty great word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm shrimp.

    I'm still giggling over this line: "man I love endorphins!!!!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cassandra! try www.mixmygranola.com - custom made granola the way YOU like. SHIP123 for free shipping on your first order!

    ReplyDelete